Whenever I ask marketers what their favorite thing about putting together an email campaign is, they always tell me it’s the steps involved in setting up the email in their marketing automation system.
I’m kidding. It’s usually their least favorite thing about it. And to top it off, there’s typically a high level of churn associated with this role because people want to grow their skillset and move up in their careers.
That’s why here at DemandGen we have an entire team dedicated to providing our clients with campaign execution services. By allowing us to take on the production, template building, list management, QA, and execution of their campaigns, they can dedicate their focus to more strategic endeavors.
As a result, those who choose to outsource parts of their campaign execution can free up precious time and:
- Execute even more email campaigns with greater consistency
- Have more time to target and nurture specific audiences through the demand funnel with multi-touch campaigns
- Increase capacity without hiring staff
- Reallocate key resources to more strategic programs
- Improve efficiency while lowering costs
I’m part of a dedicated five-member team for one of our bigger clients, and as campaign manager I am their single point of contact and have been working with them for more than seven years now. (That’s another great thing about our team: we don’t have a lot of turnover, so our clients know what to expect and think of us as part of their team.) On a day-to-day basis, I oversee all of the incoming tickets and make sure they’re being completed on time and by the appropriate resources.
This particular client has contracted with us for 50 tickets per month, and sends us 12-20 tickets per week, on average. Each ticket represents a single campaign, whether it’s a single email blast, multiple emails, or a form with confirmation and reminder emails, for example. We also work with smaller organizations that need to free up their limited resources for other projects.
This blog post provides a good primer on the services our team provides, but at a high level here is how we provide value to our clients:
- Streamline your campaign processes and workflow: We take the time to understand your business and current processes, and then provide recommendations on how to make your processes even more efficient. We also help offset the onboarding of new hires by training them and teaching them best practices so they can get up and running quickly.
- Turn around flawless work: Our two-way review process, in which no fewer than four people review your campaign before it goes out the door, helps to ensure perfection. Your team lead manages all your tickets, making sure everything is completed accurately (and follows your brand guidelines), and double-checks the campaign flow at the very end to ensure everything is as it should be.
- Complete tickets within Service-Level Agreement (SLA): Your campaign manager will also ensure each team member is on time with their tasks so your deadlines are met without fail. Our team prides itself on going above and beyond, putting in the extra time and effort necessary to finish your campaign — including after-hours support and working on weekends when needed.
- Communicate effectively throughout: We also pride ourselves on being responsive, even if we don’t have the right answer right this second. If you happen to ask us something we haven’t encountered before, we’ll bring in one of our senior developers, do some research and get back to you. You’ll never wonder if your question disappeared into a deep black hole.
If you’re ready to offload some of the day-to-day campaign management and execution so you can focus on more strategic priorities, let’s schedule some time to chat!
Pam St. George is a seasoned campaign manager who oversees all aspects of campaign execution services, including quality control of campaign requests and supervising the DemandGen team responsible for executing campaigns. She strives to improve effectiveness and efficiency of work on a daily basis in order to provide the best value and service for her client. She firmly believes that excellent service equals total client satisfaction.