Every business has experienced some unanticipated challenges (to put it mildly) over the past few months. If you lost your Marketo administrator during this time, whether to another job opportunity or as a result of unexpected layoffs, you’ve likely asked yourself the following questions:
Who is going to manage the instance?
Who is going to maintain compliance and order among the different marketing teams?
How are we going to keep this thing running?!
An experienced Marketo admin is a difficult resource to recruit even under the best conditions. Finding this person gets even more complicated in the current COVID-19 environment, when most of us are already stretched as thin as we can possibly get.
One of our clients, for example, experienced painful layoffs a few months ago and had to reorganize their marketing team. Two weeks later, the individual they tasked with maintaining their Marketo instance decided to leave the company. Even though they’re a global enterprise software provider, they didn’t have the bandwidth or funding to recruit another resource, so they reached out to DemandGen for assistance.
First, we assessed the current state of their Marketo instance and identified any areas that either weren’t working correctly or were underperforming. Then, we got to work! The client let us know what they wanted to tackle first, and they continue to reach out to us on an ongoing basis with any additional requests. Two dedicated resources from DemandGen serve as an extension of their marketing team to keep their Marketo instance in tiptop shape.
Ongoing support to help you get the most from Marketo
Our team has undergone a strict vetting process and receive continuing education to stay on top of changes and current trends. As a result, we have a deep bench of Marketo-certified resources who can work with your team in a Marketo administrator capacity, manage and optimize your Marketo instance, and make proactive recommendations for process improvements.
Our team offers a wide array of services that can be tailored to meet your changing needs, including:
- Platform administration: All of the important basics, such as user configuration, field management, establishing communicating limits, and setting up your instance to help ensure compliance with GDPR and email privacy laws
- Database management: List uploads and management, segmentation, database size monitoring and compliance, and identifying and merging duplicates before they become unmanageable
- Campaign assets and program management: Template configuration and optimization, global form creation, asset maintenance, preference center management, responsive coding, and dynamic content support
- Program optimization: Lead lifecycle, scoring, and nurture program management to ensure your leads are going where they’re supposed to throughout the buyer’s journey
- Advanced platform capabilities and integrations: Custom LaunchPoint integrations, API support, release tracking and adoption, and campaign reporting and attribution
Marketo admins are in demand for a reason. They’re the ones who diligently check under the hood to make sure everything is running correctly. Unless someone is proactively monitoring for issues such as lead routing or a multiple-day sync backlog, you could be in for some unexpected headaches later on.
By entrusting a proven partner with the day-to-day responsibilities of your Marketo administration, you can:
- Eliminate the traditional ramp-up time associated with a new hire
- Rely on a team of certified experts to keep your Marketo instance humming without disruption
- Get proactive recommendations for improvement based on best practices
- Benefit from ongoing education and training on new releases and functionality
- Stay ahead of potential Salesforce functionality impacts to your Marketo instance
- Be confident that data governance is properly embedded into your processes
- Finally have comprehensive documentation instead of it residing in someone’s head
- Take advantage of improved data-driven decision-making and planning
Considering the responsibilities of the Marketo administrator, this isn’t a position that should be left vacant for long. So, rather than spending weeks or months on the recruiting process, consider outsourcing this critical role to a team of experts.
As an award-winning Marketo Certified Platinum partner, DemandGen has helped hundreds of top Marketo clients around the world with their growth initiatives, and we have the expertise to help your organization weather this storm. Drop us a line and let us help you cross one more thing off your to do list.
Patti Ammann, a Client Engagement Manager at DemandGen, works with clients of all sizes to understand their objectives, needs, and challenges and build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organization. She has over 15 years’ experience in project management, strategic account management, marketing operations, high-tech marketing and sales, and implementation and execution of campaigns supported by marketing automation platforms.