Deep Dive into Your Data
Every DemandGen client has told us at one point, “our data isn’t in the best shape.” On average, companies find that over 20 percent of the data they use to make business decisions is inaccurate. Data comes in from multiple channels, is managed by multiple sources, may be mis-entered at intake, and is often misunderstood or misused. Initiatives like ABM, personalization, lead nurturing, and scoring are doomed to fail without access to clean and actionable data. If you’re striving to become a more data-driven organization, where do you start?
DemandGen’s Data Audit service is a critical first step in understanding the current state of your data. In the Data Audit, we examine critical use cases for marketing and sales data such as:
- Geographic and firmographic data for segmentation and routing
- Account and contact profile data for targeting and scoring
- Activity and reachability to ensure no lead is left behind
- Data chains required to accurately measure conversion and attribution.
We assess the primary standard objects in both your marketing automation and CRM platforms and can add in important custom objects or segmentations to answer questions about:
- Data population – Of the total records, how many have a value in that field? What portion match acceptable values for the field? How many unique values are stored?
- Data recency – How fresh is the data? When was the last record with a value in that field created?
- Object relationships – Where relationships are expected or required, such as Contacts to Accounts, what volume of records are orphaned? Is there sufficient Campaign Membership data to analyze attribution?
- Activity levels – What volume of the marketing database is inactive? Owned by an inactive internal user?
A DemandGen Data Audit is not only a powerful tool to guide you in prioritizing and addressing critical gaps in your data, but also becomes a valuable benchmark as you embark on those data quality governance projects. Stretched for resources? With our DataMD managed data service, you can outsource data operations to the experts at DemandGen to get and keep your data pristine over time.