Respect and Protect Your Customer’s Data
New global privacy directives such as GDPR and CCPA are compelling marketers to pay considerable attention to how they collect, process, and share customer’s personal data. Whether you opt to follow either the spirit or the letter of these directives, you likely need to make changes to your processes and systems to comply with these new directives and prepare for new ones coming. As evidenced by recent headlines, failing to protect your customer’s data can come at a hefty expense.
DemandGen’s consulting, data and systems experts can help you:
- Understand if your current marketing practices are subject to specific global or localized privacy directives.
- Audit your data and consent intake processes for compliance and implement best practice solutions for list imports, online form fields and processing, preference centers, and website activity tracking management.
- Assess and document categories of personal data that are shared between systems in your martech and salestech stacks.
- Provide recommendations for handling requests to view, forget or delete, and not to sell personal data, or addressing complaints and breach notifications.
- Deliver training and job aids to team members who are responsible for capturing and honoring privacy and preference settings for outbound communications.
Although compliance may seem burdensome, there are benefits to these exercises – such as enhancing declared first-party data, reducing redundancies, prioritizing data quality initiatives, and cost savings through data retention and deletion policies. Privacy and compliance initiatives present an opportunity to prevent wasted marketing and build your customer’s trust in how you use their data.