I recently attended the Marketo Marketing Nation Summit 2015, along with roughly 7,000 Marketo customers and partners. My quest was to meet with customers, talk to the product management team about exciting enhancements on the roadmap, and attend sessions where smart marketers were sharing case studies of how they were driving revenue with Marketo.
On the eve of the show, the DemandGen team was at dinner discussing the importance of omnichannel marketing and getting away from an email-only perspective.
While email has been a very strong channel for B2B marketers historically, I believe the sheer volume of email that most buyers receive means, unless a company’s emails are a special type of unicorn, they will be unable to bubble up through the email avalanche, and therefore overlooked.
The solution is omnichannel marketing, or providing a unified experience across all logical channels to reach the buyer with a consistent and cohesive message. This includes online channels such as Mobile, Social, Online Display, Retargeting, Search, Email and offline channels including Direct Mail and in-store experiences.
At the show, some pretty exciting omnichannel improvements to the platform were announced. For starters, the groundbreaking Engagement Marketing Platform was unleashed upon Marketo customers and prospects, promising new mobile and social capabilities, and other features that enable delivery of highly targeted messages at the perfect time.
Let’s take a look at the three key improvements:
- Mobile Engagement: Now Marketo can interact directly with Mobile Applications, to design and deliver push notifications and in-app messages and trigger off mobile engagement.
- Marketo Ad Bridge: You can personalize your digital advertising by connecting Marketo’s marketing database and segmentation with Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and other social advertising channels.
- Google Adwords Integration: You can now connect your Marketo instance to Google Adwords to see how leads in different revenue stages are converting on paid search and how those conversions impact your funnel.
Marketo also announced a partnership with LinkedIn that enables marketers to tell consistent, relevant personal stories across channels for wider customer engagement.
As a DemandGen customer, these new improvements to the Marketo platform enable you to engage, listen and respond to customers’ behaviors across digital channels, directly within a mobile app environment. You can aptly target and retarget your buyers on Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and other advertising platforms with a personalized message, and effectively manage your ad spend. Additionally, you can now access your program performance in real time on your smartphone and deliver the sales intelligence your reps need, when they need it, no matter where they are.
Just for the Marketers, Marketo is releasing three improvements designed to benefit the platform’s end user:
- Market Moments: This new mobile app lets you access information about how campaigns are performing, and take immediate action on your mobile phone.
- Enhanced Mobile Access to Sales Insight: Sales reps can now receive highly actionable sales intelligence on their smartphones or tablets in real time.
- Marketo Calendar HD: Marketers can display plans and programs in a format suitable for large-screen wall-mounted TV displays, improving team coordination and communication and providing better visibility to C-suite, sales and other company stakeholders.
As you navigate the new capabilities of your Marketo implementation, don’t hesitate to contact us for guidance. Leveraging our technical and strategic expertise in Marketo support, Integration and Reporting, you can harness the power of these new capabilities to drive success with your marketing strategy.
Thomas Terry is a Solutions Architect at DemandGen. He is responsible for enabling and supporting our client’s marketing and sales teams to adopt marketing automation and CRM systems and ultimately drive revenue. As of June 2013, Thomas is one of fewer than 200 Marketo Certified Experts worldwide.